PRICING AND ORDERING
We have done our best to ensure this website is accurate. In the event of an error, store pricing supersedes the website. We reserve the right to make changes and corrections without notice.
Pricing on the website does not include tax.
All pricing is in Canadian dollars.
Not everything on the website is in stock at all times. The majority of items will be available within a time frame of 24 hours to 7 days. Some items will need to be special ordered and these can take up to 8 weeks. Contact the store for details.
What types of payments do you accept?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, debit and cash.
- Layaway is available.
- We DO NOT accept cheques.
- Layaway terms are available for merchandise (total sale excl. tax) priced $500.00 and up.
- Maximum layaway term is 90 days from purchase date.
- A minimum NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of 20% of the total purchase (including taxes) is required.
- Goods must be paid in full by the 90th day and the customer must take delivery.
PICK UPS / THIRD PARTY DELIVERIES
When arranging for pick up/delivery of your purchase, please notify the store 24 hours in advance so that we can prepare your order. You will need to bring handling materials with you, such as rope and blankets. Damage incurred by customers own transportation or a third party delivery company is not covered by warranty.
Before purchase, please measure the width of doors, hallways and stairs to ensure your furniture will fit your home.
We warranty our furniture for one full year against manufacturing defects according to manufacturer’s warranty. Product deemed to have a warranty issue will be repaired or replaced only if a repair is not possible. Items sold “As Is” or “Final Sales” are not covered by warranty.
WARRANTIES DO NOT COVER:
- Fabric Wear
- Improper Care
- Treatments or Fabric Protection voids warranty.
- Damage sustained during transport.
- Damage or discoloration caused by sunlight.
- Abnormal wear, fading or shrinkage of any fabric.
FURNITURE CARE TIPS
We want to ensure you enjoy your home furnishings for years to come so we’ve put together a few care tips for the maintenance of your new purchase:
- Dust regularly with a dry cloth or one slightly moistened with a natural polish. Avoid polishes containing petroleum products since they may damage the finish. Even dust may be abrasive so always dust with the grain and not across it.
- Avoid putting furniture in direct sunlight since this may bleach the finish.
- Commercial glass cleaners may discolor brass or chrome finishes.
- Always use felt discs, placemats (without a rubber backing), coasters etc. when putting lamps, glasses, hot objects etc. on table tops.
- When a table leaf is not being used, store flat (i.e. under a bed). It should also be stored in similar humidity conditions as the set.
- Decorative wood spindles and chair leg stretchers are fragile and will break if subjected to undue stress. This is not warranty.
- Vacuum with soft brush attachments to remove dirt and dust.
- If a stain occurs, test for color fastness by wiping a small hidden area with a mild soap solution before attempting to remove the stain.
- Seat cushions should be turned and rotated (if reversible) approximately every few weeks. This will help stop your cushions from twisting and provide even wear. If twisting does occur, simply open at the zipper and pull the fabric around by hand.
- Zippers are in-place for ease of assembly by the manufacturer, do not remove covers to machine wash them.
- Manufacturer’s warranties require queen and king size mattresses to have a bed frame that has cross supports and a center support to avoid sagging of foundation.
- Do not bend, fold or stand on your mattress.
- A washable and waterproof mattress protector/cover should be used as it promotes a healthy sleep environment and protects your warranty.
Leather is a natural product and as such will always bear the marks of its NATURAL origin. The features of genuine leather, which may be read as the natural surface markings, scars, wrinkles, insect bites, veining, graining and color variations represents the best evidence of authenticity and cannot be considered as defects.
Softening of cushioning and stretching should be expected WITH normal use and is not to be confused with loss of resiliency due to defects in construction of materials.
CARING FOR YOUR LEATHER
- Periodically dust your furniture with a clean, dry, soft cloth.
- For stains/spills: Remove the excess liquid from the surface by wiping with a cloth or absorbent paper. Moisten a clean cloth with water only. Gently rub the stain from the outside inwards. Do not soak the leather surface and dry immediately with a clean cloth. Do not dry leather in sunlight or by using a hairdryer.
- When water is not enough, and this happens rarely, repeat this process with a cloth soaked in a milk solution of water and neutral soap.
- Avoid placing your furniture close to heat sources, such as heaters or radiators.
- To maintain the leather’s natural color, avoid exposure to direct sunlight or powerful lamps.
- Caution: The use of non-recommended cleaners could irreparably damage the leather, causing cracks and discoloration.
WARRANTY INFORMATION ON LEATHER – DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- The natural stretching, markings, wrinkling, variations in grain or color resulting from the natural features of the leather.
- Damage caused by burns, cuts, animals, or other forms of abuse.
- Improper cleaning or application of chemical products, treatments, cleaners or conditioners.
- Exposure of leather to direct sunlight, extreme heat, bright lights or similar conditions.
- Damage caused by corrosive materials, such as acids or solvents, dyes, inks, paints, or body fluids.